Senior Program Manager
Smart Design is looking for an engaged Senior Program Manager for a hybrid role- proactively building relationships with existing clients (focus on healthcare, technology, and non-profit) and offering seamless project management support.
Working primarily on a project-basis (vs. as agency of record), we need strategic thinkers with strong tactical project management skills. The role will devise account plans to stay top of mind with current and past clients, and also deliver an organized and positive client experience on projects. We’re looking for someone who is eager to grow, passionate about design and innovation and comfortable representing Smart Design with senior client stakeholders.
- Manage proactive outbound communications to existing clients and warm leads tailoring communications to nurture relationships and open new doors within large companies
- Articulate Smart’s value proposition to clients in ways that address clients’ business priorities
- Stay abreast of industry activity and implications on client business, identifying potential opportunities
- Partner with Marketing for relationship marketing assets and strategic attendance at events
- Contribute to weekly BD/account status meetings
- Support creation of account plans
- Work with project teams to develop project plans, proposals, and presentations for new opportunities with clients and warm leads
- Write proposals/SOWs with support from content leads/Directors and BD Manager as needed
- Manage account communication with clients on existing projects (with Project Director managing design or content questions)
- “Emcee” and schedule important client milestone meetings with appropriately documented agenda items
- Lead budget and scope creep discussions with clients and internally with Finance to ensure all projects stay on budget, in partnership with Project Director
- Coordinate resources with project team and Resourcing/HR, inputting project timelines and resources into 10k
- 5+ years experience in project/program or account management in creative services (healthcare experience a plus)
- Experience and/or eagerness to grow client relationships to secure follow-on work and build a sustainable pipeline of warm leads from client relationships
- Experience scoping project details, and managing budgets from $50k to $350k+
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to build rapport with clients
- Engaging interpersonal skills, comfortable leading client conversations and networking
- Strong attention to detail, but can see the strategic big picture
- High motivation and self-discipline to work autonomously
- Comfort with ambiguity to help chart your path forward, and creatively reach goals
Please answer the below within the cover letter:
1) What types of projects (print, strategy, website, etc.), budget and timelines have managed?
2) What are your top 2 PM tools?
3) 1 example of any business development experience such as growing a client relationships and creating the SOW.
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At this time, we are unable to sponsor for this position.