Creative Technologist / Developer
We are searching for a temp-to-perm Creative Technologist or mid-level developer to join our team.
As a Creative Technologist, you will join our technology team to help create digital products and experiences for our clients. You will bring technology to the creative process, working alongside cross-discipline design teams.
You are well-versed in a mix of languages and prototyping platforms and tools, and know how to select the best platform for the task. You will provide code that is flexible and can be iterated upon and are commited to staying up-to-date with the latest standards. Working alongside designers and strategists, you will be excited by exploration and experimentation, and will be involved in co-creating ideas that we bring to life for users.
- Participate in brainstorms and concept development with cross-functional teams of interaction and communication designers, strategists, product managers and other freelance developers
- Work on projects from ideation and design through implementation
- Implement hands-on technical development of prototypes coming out of ideation
- Present ideas or prototypes to internal teams, users in research and clients
- Work creatively to think through delivery platforms making suggestions when there are fewer parameters or learning on the fly within restraints or existing platforms
- Document your code and engineering standards or patterns
- BS in Computer Science or related educational experience (programming intensives welcome)
- 3-6 years of relevant coding experience
- Experience working with React Native
- Experience with up-to-date styling preprocessing languages such as SASS/SCSS/LESS
- Experience working with frontend frameworks such as React.js, Vue.js, etc
- Experience working with bluetooth connected devices
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Familiarity with working package managers and server side application frameworks like npm, ruby on rails, Flask, Django etc
- Understanding of agile processes
- Comfortable working within AWS Infrastructure
- Anaconda, Pandas, Numpy and Sci-kit (nice to have)
- Experience in PyTorch frameworks such as YOLO (nice-to-have)
- Experience working with designers and a solid understanding of UX
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio/work samples
The role is based in NYC and will need to be local. We work on a hybrid model of 50% in person. Hourly rates will be dependent on candidate level and experience, and average ranges may fall between $50-70/hour on W2; if role transitions to a full-time position, salary range would be $100-130k base salary plus bonus and benefits eligible.
Direct candidates only; NO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS PLEASE.
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At this time, we are unable to sponsor for this position.