Freelance Product Manager
Smart Design is looking for a junior, freelance Product Manager to help supplement our Interaction and Technology team on an exciting physical-digital client project with exposure to physical engineering and connected hardware.
We are seeking a junior to mid-level resource who is passionate about working with design teams and being a part of a fast moving team where you can make a difference, and solve a challenging design and engineering problem. The client project is an interesting challenge in the sports science space (with access to pro teams) involving an IoT-enabled web platform. The role may also provide some limited support to a client in the healthcare space.
The role will be part-time (up to 32 hours per week), onsite in our studio for 6 months.
- QA new builds
- Writing tickets in to pivotal based on QA
- Front line on tech support, logging issues, and staying on top of fixes in pivotal and support tracking database
- Communicating with influencers and users for tech and customer support (via phone and email and text)
- Deployment Prep, packing, and data entry for teams
- Usage Analytics reporting
- Participating in product features decisions and prioritization
Naturally, you have:
1+ year previous experience as a producer/product manager within an agile development process (internships ok!)
Strong communication skills and diplomatic approach to problem solving
Excellent customer service skills
Meticulous attention to detail to help with data entry and reporting
Familiarity with Pivotal or JIRA a plus!
Experience with coding (specifically React/JS/Ruby on rails) a BIG plus!
Some flexibility to travel for deployments (domestic and international)
Ability to be onsite for the duration of the contract (~6 months) every day, up to 32 hours a week