Smart is looking for a dynamic, experienced marketer to lead marketing initiatives aligned with our strategic business plan.
The Marketing Director will own the marketing strategy and deploy marketing initiatives in innovative and highly effective ways. He/she will define and lead a wide variety of projects, constantly pushing the limits of traditional definitions of Marketing. The Director is comfortable setting direction and also rolling up his/her sleeves to execute tasks where necessary.
- Drive global awareness of Smart Design as a leader in design and innovation for organizations facing disruption from technology and market shifts
- Work directly with the Leadership team to develop and deliver the overall marketing strategy for the company
- Drive and ensure a cultural awareness of the marketing strategy and vision across the company
- Build excitement for marketing and PR initiatives by inviting participation and collaboration from senior leaders and the entire company as appropriate
- Develop marketing ideas designed to highlight the creativity, thought-leadership, and areas of expertise and interest at Smart
- Lead multi-channel marketing campaigns, from idea generation through execution (overseeing a digital marketing specialist to help strategize and execute paid campaigns)
- Evaluate current strategic positioning and investigate new opportunities / devise new ways to reach our intended audiences that are consistent with business objectives
- Support growth by developing and executing on profitable initiatives that provide brand recognition and support business development
- Manage and increase our marketing analytics capabilities; delivering reports and constantly optimizing ROI of all marketing/communications efforts
- Create a targeted approach to email marketing, including newsletter development, design, and optimization, and attendee lists at events
- Manage Smart Design events from conception to outreach and publicity to day-of support overseeing internal teams
- Manage internal marketing resources and/or freelancers whose role it is to:
- Write, edit, curate and manage content: editorial placements in business periodicals, case studies, award entries, press materials, etc.
- Manage media opportunities
- Manage social media channels
- Assist with Smart Design events and pre/post publicity
- Create visual marketing collateral for web, print and video pushing our storytelling
- 10+ years marketing experience, ideally in both agency and client-side roles with at least 3+ years owning the Marketing strategy
- BA/BS in Marketing or similar
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to thrive in a creative, self-motivated environment and juggle multiple projects at once.
- Proven track record moving projects and ideas forward, especially in fast paced environment
- Ability to work well with people and teams, and manage multiple stakeholders
- Aptitude for solving problems with design thinking, and a general understanding of and appreciation for design and innovation.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to tell a compelling story
- Experience in conceiving and executing both traditional and digital campaigns
- Experience managing junior staff
Direct applicants only; no third party recruiters please.