Data Analyst, Market Research
Are you a rockstar data analyst and researcher who loves to weave together qualitative and quantitative insights to develop data-informed design strategies?
- If you’re obsessed with the overlap between people, design and business, read on.
- If you are a wiz at quant with a penchant for qual, read on.
- If you are a keen interpreter of client objectives into sharp research questions, read on.
- If you love to merge a variety of data types into clever and actionable insights, read on.
What You’ll Do
- Join interdisciplinary project teams as a resident expert in quantitative and market research
- Translate project and client objectives into resource-appropriate quantitative analyses
- Design quantitative studies and survey-based research to understand user behaviors/attitudes, evaluate opportunities/designs, understand client businesses,
- Execute & program quantitative studies, survey-based research, A/B testing to answer research questions
- Navigate and analyze large datasets to generate into clear, actionable takeaways, insights and recommendation that are integrated into broader project insights
- Present findings to client stakeholders in a succinct and compelling way
- Partner with strategists to support qualitative research including; creating discussion guides and stimuli, research documentation and note–taking, and participating in interviews and workshops
- Work with interdisciplinary project teams to generate insights from qualitative and quantitative research that build empathy and spur ideation
- Evangelize the importance of quantitative and market research as a complement to qualitative user research both internally and externally
Naturally, you have:
- B.A./B.S. or Master in a human behavior related field (e.g., HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science) or in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science)
- 2-4 years of experience in applied product research, survey design, consumer insights, or similar field
- Ability to query complex data from multiple sources, data cleaning, and advanced statistical analysis
- Proficiency with SQL, advanced Excel, and at least one statistical software program (e.g. SPSS, SAS, R, MATLAB, JSAP)
- Experience using BI tools such as Tableau, QlikView, PowerBI, or other related tools
- Basic knowledge of the principles of design thinking, human centered design and design research
- Effective communication skills with experience presenting to diverse audiences