Product designers are the nerve centre of the design process and are involved in concepting, crafting and structuring experiences across multiple touchpoints. They are responsible for developing digital and physical products, which meet user needs and business objectives.
Our product designers are part artist and part scientist, often required to instinctively turn insights into conceptual ideas and bring them to life in a way that is convincing for our clients. Your responsibilities would include;
- Working with a core team of design researchers, designers, project managers and with our clients to create digital products from concept to delivery.
- Setting the goals of and assisting in moderating workshops to identify and elicit user goals, scenarios requirements and business objectives.
- Distilling user research and marketplace audits into well-articulated insights and concepts.
- Bringing ideas to life quickly through storyboards, sketches, comps, prototypes, or motion studies.
- Producing clear, well-articulated and designed outputs that meet the requirements of the project teams and client including, information architecture, wireframes, designs etc.
- Communicating and working with development teams during the latter stages of projects.
We are a diverse design consultancy and welcome people from a range of design backgrounds particularly from an industrial, interaction or visual design background. Additionally, you will be a self-starter, able to thrive in a fast paced environment where we solve big problems for our clients every day.
Key skills required:
- A portfolio of work across a range of industries and product types (web, mobile, connected products, TV, gaming you name it we’d like to see it)
- Years of experience to us is just a number; we are more interested in the scale of the problems you have designed for and exposure to the entire design process; from getting under the skin of your users, coming up with ideas and having conversations with developers.
- Analysing brief to scope and define user experience approach, activities and ways of working.
- The ideas we sell to clients are big and scary we need people that are storytellers, articulate and convincing.
- Tools are tools and we like people that are experts on the design packages we use like Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator to create user experience and design documentation.
- We really , like people that can sketch and storyboard as a way to bring ideas to life.
- We are also interested in people who can animate, prototype or have an interesting in coding physical electronics too.
- An incurable curiosity relating to all things design and technology.
- Able to work collaboratively in a team, lead in and participate in brainstorming sessions and presenting in front of clients
- Empathetic, understand other people, how they behave, what they care about, what they want to achieve, and how they work.
While we welcome a wide range of backgrounds, unfortunately we are unable to sponsor a visa at this time. Please, no third party recruiters.