Senior Design Engineer
We are searching for a human centered Senior Design Engineer to be involved in all stages of the product development process from research to design for manufacturing.
At Smart Design, the Engineering practice is tightly integrated with all of the design disciplines helping teams to identify opportunities for design to help people in their everyday lives. A primary focus of the engineering team is to discover and prove out opportunities for innovation early in the design process and to work collaboratively on solving the resulting technical challenges.
Senior Design Engineers also lead the engineering phases of projects and help mentor and provide guidance to junior engineers.
Naturally you have:
- 5+ years’ experience as a design engineer creating products
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams, client’s internal resources and manufacturing partners
- Experience solving problems in categories such as house wares, consumer products, healthcare and packaging
- Experience with parametric 3DCAD software (we use ProE / Creo and Solidworks – with surfacing experience)
- Self-driven, but not shy about asking for help
- A passion for tinkering and solid prototyping chops (thrown together models for quick and dirty testing rather than appearance models)
- Great communication skills both verbally and electronically, and an ability to convey your passion in client presentations
- A desire to understand people and produce thoughtful products that make their lives better
Resumes submitted without a portfolio/project examples will not be considered.