Senior Design Strategist
Our New York studio is looking for a full-time talented Sr. Design Strategist. Strategists at Smart are all about the big picture. How do things fit together? What do people really care about? Where are the opportunities? The strategist’s role is to dig for the possibilities, make sense of it all and inspire the client and the design team with very clear, actionable insights.
If you’re a talented communicator, cultural observer, strategic thinker and compelling storyteller, please keep reading. If you have experience leading workshops and conducting mixed methods research programs, then definitely keep reading.
- Act as a core team member on client projects, lead the research phases and communicate directly with clients
- Oversee the set up and moderation of user research, SME and stakeholder interviews
- Own project workshops of all shapes and sizes including planning, agenda, activities, frameworks and stimuli
- Drive research synthesis, developing key insights at appropriate depth and linkage to business implications
Naturally, you have:
- 5-7 years of experience with design and innovation programs that lead to holistic consumer experiences
- Experience running workshops with clients to uncover business, brand and innovation insights
- Ability to connect with interviewees from all demographics and backgrounds
- Experience conducting research around physical and digital offerings and experiences
- Passion for tight teamwork, brainstorming and presenting to executive-level clients
- Eagerness to stretch your toolkit including new digital research tools, quant and qualitative research, service design and business design frameworks
- International work and proficiency in adobe creative suite a plus!
Please be sure to submit a portfolio and/or project work examples that demonstrate some of your research experience.
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At this time, we are unable to sponsor for this position.