Visual Designer (Marketing & Project Support)
We are looking for a brand / visual designer to support marketing and client needs!
It’s an exciting time as Smart is focusing on projecting our brand’s story out to the world. We’re looking for a talented, full-time visual designer to help us with this effort, and guide our brand’s evolution. You should have top notch multimedia skills and a passion for creating authentic, emotionally driven communication and content.
Our work is focused around understanding people and their needs in today’s world, along with the business impact we can make through design. Rooted in strategic brand understanding, you naturally possess the innate ability to bring the Smart Design brand experience to life, regardless of the medium. You will help ensure that our voice is translated across our website, social media presence, and marketing materials. You’re also comfortable stretching across mediums to support client needs and project teams, which could be a few days of sketching or two-weeks of preparing research stimuli. The candidate should expect a lot of collaboration, a fun and friendly atmosphere, and both solo work and project work within a dynamic team structure.
- Design and maintain Smart branded content and communications, across multimedia channels to be used both internally and externally (e.g. PowerPoint presentations, illustrations, short videos, animations, or photography across our website, social channels, and events).
- Help evolve and shape the Smart Design Brand by supporting our storytelling approach as we face new channels or new content types.
- Work with Marketing and BD teams to bring our award-winning client work to life.
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary design teams to capture and document their creative process and client project work.
- Continually prioritize and manage critical timelines around content publication for website releases, newsletters, marketing salons, etc.
- Provide client and project team design support whether print assets, packaging, or research stimuli creation across categories in consumer, technology, healthcare, finance or nonprofit.
- As brand steward, you may work with external partners to support storytelling needs from videographers, video editors, animators, illustrators, presentation designers, etc.
Naturally you have
- 2+ years of experience in bringing brands to life across multimedia touch points, both digital and physical (packaging a plus)
- A passion for the craft of digital storytelling across video, photography, and illustration
- A strong foundation in Graphic Design
- Attention to detail when it comes to creating a brand system and maintaining brand consistency across touchpoints
- Knowledge of the design process, and an appetite for bringing conceptual work and abstract ideas to life
- Collaborative approach to working with a diverse group of partners (designers, writers, marketing, clients, etc.)
- Mastery of design tools in Adobe’s Creative Suite
- Experience with Final Cut Pro 7 or X (or similar) is a huge plus
- HTML 5 or similar coding experience would be an advantage
- Production experience for print design
Please note, although we are remote through year-end, the role is based in NYC and will need to be local in 2022.