We are searching for a human centered Design Engineer to be involved in all stages of the product development process from research to design for manuacturing.
At Smart Design, the Engineering practice is tightly integrated with all of the design disciplines helping teams to identify opportunities for design to help people in their everyday lives. A primary focus of the engineering team is to discover and prove out opportunities for innovation early in the design process and to work collaboratively on solving the resulting technical challenges.
- 2+ years’ full-time experience as a design engineer
- Experience solving problems in categories such as house wares, consumer products, healthcare and packaging
- Experience with parametric 3DCAD software (experience with ProE a plus!)
- Self-driven, but not shy about asking for help
- A passion for tinkering with solid prototyping chops (thrown together models for quick and dirty testing rather than appearance models)
- A love of teamwork
- Great communication skills both verbally and electronically, and an ability to convey your passion in client presentations
- A desire to understand people and produce thoughtful products that make their lives better
Resumes submitted without a portfolio/project examples will NOT be considered.